
Art today is used as propaganda in every extreme. In countries with corrupt governments, extreme propaganda is very prominent. Although you don't need a socialist government to have propaganda. In the recent presidential election, the famous image created by Frank Fairey was very prominent. Aside from the notable relation in style with those old Russian Socialist posters, (not saying Obama is) it also simply says, "Hope," showing a very direct message. Propaganda does not always have a negative connotation, as I feel most people make it out to be. It can reinforce a positive message, instead of a person with a bad one. Propaganda can be especially influential, mostly when it is the only thing someone has heard about a person or cause.
1 comment:
I agree that propaganda is very prevalent in government. I think that there is equal propaganda in both corrupt and not as corrupt governments; but they are different in that the more corrupt a government is, the more narrowly focused the propaganda message will be. Where our elections have art as propaganda screaming both similar and opposing messages, another government may have propaganda all supporting the current people in power.
Post a Comment